Join me and a host of special guests on August 18 from 7-9 pm Eastern Time to celebrate the release of my newest book, the updated 2nd edition of “Photographing Acadia National Park: The Essential Guide to When, Where, and How.”
I normally host a small book release get-together at my house once the book arrives. It’s always a fun time, but since it’s a local event, I’m not able to get all my friends across the world together…The pandemic has taught me how to use technology (Zoom) to bring people in different places together–and that’s what I want to do to celebrate this book, YOU, and Acadia. So let’s PARTY!
The evening will feature:
- Introduction to Acadia and how the book came to be by author/photographer Colleen J. Miniuk
- A “Photographing Acadia” panel with outdoor photographers and Acadia experts John Putnam, Bob Thayer, and Kurt Budliger
- Presentations by our valued book sponsors including Hunts Photo & Video, Singh-Ray Filters, Hoodman USA, Out of Chicago, and Sheography.
PLUS! As a thank you for ALL your support, we’re going to give away over $1000 in amazing “door” prizes, including:
- $50 gift card for Hunt’s Photo and Video
- $100 gift card for Singh-Ray filters
- $500 gift card for a future “Out of Chicago” sponsored conference
- A $500 gift certificate to CMS Photography/Sheography workshops
- A Hoodman Hoodloupe (value $90)
- Books by Colleen and author/photographers Bob Thayer and Guy Tal
- And more!
But you must be present to win!
So register now and join us on August 18 for an evening of fun, photography, and a celebration of you and our shared love of Acadia National Park. Bubbles will likely be involved…maybe tutus too…
Advanced registration required at: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_SAyCaC4uQcyFPtu4PGYtfA
By the way, feel free to invite your friends and camera clubs–no purchase necessary, so you can attend even if you don’t have a copy of the book. I just want to party with good, fun people!
If you have purchased the book/eBook, though, snap a selfie of yourself with the book (extra points if it’s in Acadia or involves bubbles…) and send the photo my way at email@example.com for a chance to be featured in the Virtual Book Release Party. If I can’t see you in person, it’ll be the next best thing!