I recently had a series of speaking engagements cancelled. Understandable, considering the crazy state of the world right now. (Here’s hoping you and yours are well…and you have plenty of toilet paper…wash your hands!)
But life and learning doesn’t have to come to a complete stop because of self-quarantines and shelter-in-place orders. We just need to approach things differently right now. As is said, “If you can’t change the rules, change the game…”
So in lieu of presenting in person at the local camera clubs, I offered a FREE educational webinar on Thursday, March 19 on a presentation topic I was set to deliver to one club, “Critiquing Your Own Work.”
During this educational talk, I shared:
- A framework and series of questions to ask more objectively evaluate your photographs
- Examples of successful and less-than-successful photographs to help attendees evaluate composition, lighting, depth of field, focus, story/visual message, color, motion, and more.
- The most common pitfalls photographers make (mergers, tilted horizons, etc.) and how to resolve them.
I also hosted a brief Q&A session at the end.
To watch, visit https://youtu.be/ojnO9VBjnZE (the video should appear below in the original blog post):
Because this webinar was so much fun for me (and hopefully for the attendees too!), I plan to expand my online offerings in the coming weeks to include:
- One-hour webinars on new topics with Q&A
- Small group interactive critique sessions
- Photography Basics Bootcamp (a multi-week series with presentations and interactive critiques)
If you’d like to receive notifications about future webinars and other online offerings with me, please join my Newsletter mailing list at http://cms-photo.com/newsletter.html if you aren’t on it already.
Enjoy! And stay tuned!
Be well, be wild, and be safe!